Work Happy Podcast: Episode 9
With a left brain and right brain, each to focus on more analytical information or on emotions, the way to truly capture someone’s attention is to combine vital info with engaging storytelling.
Having distilled down the secret sauce that separates information from true communication, Dana Poole is now leading comms change on a global scale with Shell.
Dana joins Alex Graves as the final guest of this first series of Work Happy to discuss the rewarding nature of helping people with the tools and platforms rather than just implementing them, and how self-care, empathetic leadership and seamless communication technology coalesce to build a happier workplace.
This episode covers
- The crucial combination of data and storytelling in communications
- How Dana has seen a sharp uptake in Teams over Skype
- Emphasising a focus on helping people use new tech rather than just introducing it
- Shell’s approach to supporting employees
- Maintaining a collaborative culture over virtual platforms
- A recent desire for soft skills over technical skills in employment candidates
Skype to Teams
Facts vs storytelling
Connecting the Dots
Rewards of helping