Work Happy Podcast: S2 – Episode 2
Engagement is more than numbers and metrics; the freedom to provide feedback, and the sentiment behind that feedback, is immensely important to employee engagement. It’s vital at the best of times, but with the so-called ‘Great Resignation’ on the horizon, the role of internal comms has never been more essential.
Sharing how an open approach to intranet comments and sentiment analysis is helping keep the Department for Transport’s team in touch with their values, Tom Miles, Digital Channels Lead, joins us on episode 2 of the new series of Work Happy to delve into using data to better understand their teams, the imminent uptake of hybrid events, and keeping internal communications’ seat at the table.
This episode covers
- How Tom’s computer science background helps him fully utilise internal comms tools
- Using blogs and video to facilitate better engagement
- Sentiment analysis, and how to best use qualitative data
- Encouraging live events and meetings through Teams as a part of a hybrid future
- Internal Communications’ seat at the table, and how we can stay there
- Minimising the impact of a post-pandemic increase in changing job roles
Translating the technical
Purpose of Intranets
Seat at the table