The site has seen:
increase in unique viewers
increase in site visits
Santen Pharmaceutical is one of the world’s leading specialist ophthalmic pharmaceutical companies,supplying products to over 60 countries with more than 4,000 employees globally.
Santen is passionate about improving eye health, and making beneficial treatments accessible to both patients and healthcare systems.
In Service of Patients is a Santen initiative focused on understanding patients’ habits and needs in order toprovide better services and products. Thisinitiative aligns with Santen 2030; Santen’s goal of delivering happiness through vision and reducing the loss of social and economic opportunities due to eye conditions.
The existing In Service of Patients site uses SharePoint Online, but the design and layout needed enhancements to make the site moreengaging and user-friendly for Santen employees.
Working with the EMEA comms team, we identified that Santen required a SharePoint Online based solution. Together, we identified the key desired features to be:
- Enabling employees to engage with the content
- Designing the site to align with the company brand
- Hosting content such as;
- Digital resource library
- Video and animation
- ‘What’s new’
- Management toolkit
- Ability to filter content based on tags
We proposed a well organised, functional digital library that would ensure frequent use of the training and development resources, and increase interest from Santen employees in the Santen Patient Centric programme. The digital library should act as a living SharePoint in terms of topics, news, and shared information, rather than an archive.
Following on from launch in December 2020 the site has seen;
- A 166% increase in unique viewers
- 95% increase in site visits (1,962 in total for site since 2018 and 1,115 visits in the last 30 days following revamp)
- The average time spent on the site is just under 3 minutes
- The most popular area of the site is the new media library